Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Recent Reading List

Over Christmas as well as the last little while I have read several books that will undoubtedly have an impact on my blogs over the next little while. So in the spirit of sharing (and encouragement of cheating) here is a quick list. If you are interested in reading them and taking
guesses on which posts entered the list of "I should post on that" feel free to send me email and I will confirm or deny. Of course I try to attribute anything that is direct quotes or go with a theme for a week so you will likely see these mentioned again.

Siddhartha - This is a book by Hermann Hesse about the journey of a man through his life. It is one filled with many levels of meaning and one of those books that you read and learn more about yourself than you expected.

Slack - Getting Past Burnout, Busywork, and the Myth of Total Efficiency this book by Tom
Demarco
focuses on many of the challenges that face companies and leaders in the post-downsize, post-bubble work world. This book is a very easy read, fit for a two-three hour flight depending upon your reading rate. It tries to not just preach but also provide real world tools to fix concerns.

The 8th Habit - I have mentioned this book before and in fairness I have to say that
I am taking a while to go through it but it is not the fault of the book. The style is easy to read and the content is great. I have just had a lot going on and have taken breaks to read other books, read blogs, and play Fantasy Hockey. Being the latest in the series from Stephen
F. Covey and the gang at Franklin Covey crew you know that it is good stuff. This book
comes from the experience that the team there has had in teaching the The 7 Habits
to companies and individuals across the globe.

Along with these I have been reading lots of Blogs.

No comments: